Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What It's Like to Have Support

For those of you out there who are struggling with life situations, make sure you have a great support system.

It doesn't matter if you are deciding to change college majors or buy a home. It can be something small or big or even huge, like struggling with health issues.

When you surround yourself with wonderful people, the big things don't always seem as big because you have people there sharing that burden with you. You can talk to them, cry with them, listen for advice or just have them there for a familiar face. The little things that those supportive people do for you during your struggle will mean more to you in the future than at the given second they are there. Why? Because you don't want to dwell on the miserable, but will always remember the struggles you went through to get to where you are today.

I can honestly say I have one great support system. Other people were better at it than others, but I will always remember the love, hugs, and support I received during my lowest times.

If you care to read about one of my stories, feel free here.


If you don't feel comfortable talking to friends or family about your current situation or crisis, check out your community's support groups. There are a ton out there and I will be the first to admit I've gone to many of these! I made great friends and know they can relate to exactly what I have gone through.

Just remember, you are never alone! All you have to do is talk. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment