Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Yesterday was the first snowfall of the year that stuck. Then it melted away today.

I hate admitting it, but waking up to snow on the trees was actually a really pretty sight. However, I was ecstatic it was not on the roads. For some reason, every winter, the lovely people of Michigan forget how to drive in the snow. I really don't understand why. It snows here 4-5 months of the year, EVERY YEAR. Oh well, I better get used to waking up earlier over the next 4 months. Or reteaching Michiganders how to drive. Not sure I have the time or the patience for the second one.

I finally pulled out my winter coat. And hat. And scarf/gloves/Ugg boots. I am also wearing leg warmers and a sweatshirt. Why? Because baby, it's cold outside!

I will be the first to admit I hate being cold and I hate the winter. It's cold and windy out. Not to mention I happen to be cold inside, too. The sun goes into hiding (although that is a plus for my sleeping habits!) and motivation levels tend to drop.  Apparently my puppy is even feeling the winter's affects already. He has been sleeping more over the last few weeks. Not sure if he's sick or just feeling blah due to the gloomy weather.

Sleepy puppy!
And while I am not a fan of being cold, in the month of December I don't mind it AS MUCH. Why might you ask? Because it is my favorite time of year! Christmas is coming!!!

I love the holidays. I love spending time with my family and decorating and buying presents... and of course getting them, but the wrapping/giving/seeing facial reactions to said gifts are better. I love the Christmas lights and holiday music! Everything about this time of year is great!

The Christmas lights are so pretty at night!

And thanks to my new found love of Pinterest, I have been buying supplies to make some wonderful Christmas gifts this year. Now is as good of time as any to get crafty! I think my husband is freaking out about the money I'm spending, but he's super happy I've found a new hobby. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Until then, bundle up and stay warm, because baby, it's cold outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment