Wednesday, November 2, 2011

CD and TJ go hand in hand

When CD is acting up, so is TJ. They are best friends. Whatever one is doing, the other follows. While most would think this is sweet, I only like this relationship when they are behaving.

Over the last few days they have not been on the good behavior list. If they were in elementary school, they would have had to turn over their cards and put their heads down on the table for a time out. Sometimes I wish I had powers to make them behave by doing something as simple as that. But instead, I sit on the couch, eating nothing but soup and mashed potatoes, wishing they would behave so I can tackle my to-do list.

Now, you may be asking who CD and TJ are. I could give you the entire story, but I don't really think you would want to read this blog for that long. So I will give you the short one instead. CD has been part of my life for the last 11 years. CD is short for Crohn's Disease. Throughout my journey with CD, I have had ups and downs, but the lowest part of this journey was when I was hospitalized due to an emergency surgery. After 3 operations, TJ joins me. TJ is my ileostomy and it is a "boy" because boys are gross and girls are pretty and delicate. There is NOTHING pretty or delicate about an ostomy. But TJ has allowed me to continue to live and I will give him credit for that.

This blog is here for me to share my journey and hopefully give others the courage to do the same if they have an autoimmune disease. I will talk about my loves, my career, my life and how CD and TJ can affect it all. But I will persevere. Suffering from a health condition should not define who you are, only force yourself to be the best you can be given the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment