Friday, December 16, 2011

The Chaos of the Holidays

Why is it that this time of year is pure chaos?

The roads are busier, the malls are busier, my calendar is busier. When do I get a break or a day for me?

That doesn't look like it's coming for a while now. I am finally starting to get excited for Christmas, yet have so much to do! My list is not getting smaller, it is actually growing each day. There is one week left until Christmas Eve and I do not have my shopping finished.

Start stressing now!

I did, however, make time to have lunch with friends, see a broadway play in Detroit and spend an afternoon running errands with my husband. It all made up for the really bad start to my week.

Dinner in Detroit

I have never eaten at Fishbone's before. It was really good! The food was great, the wine sweet and the prices decent. My sister and I fully enjoyed our meals.


We then headed over to the Detroit Opera House and enjoyed our show from the balcony. I will never think of the Wizard of Oz in the same way again.

What a Wickedly Awesome show!

And now, I need to head to bed. My little sister graduates from college tomorrow morning and I have to be up early to watch it. Yes, I will be sleep deprived and probably crabby in the morning. However, I will definitely be a proud big sister when I hear her name called and she has that one moment when she realizes that the whole world is waiting for her as she walks across that stage!

Do you feel the holiday chaos, or is it just me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment